My First Blog Post:

FUN FACT TO GRASP YOUR ATTENTION: 

There are more lifeforms living on your skin than there are people on the planet. 

I thought I should start out by introducing myself and letting you guys know who I am, where I come from, where I am now, and my goals for the future. HELLO! My name is Taylor Lyn Daneyko, I am 22 years old, and I am a Libra with a Scorpio rising (if you know anything about astrology this says a lot about my personality). I appreciate the beautiful things in life, I’m always fair, and I can sometimes come off secretive, but that just means I’m a deep thinker. I hope I’m not boring you yet… keep on reading!

I am a college student, studying marketing at a fashion business school called LIM, in the one and only New York City. I am currently interning with Wilhelmina Models, a leading agency in the industry, which has been an amazing experience. I am a complex person with many interests and desires, and I tend to struggle when asked to put myself into a specific category. I’m a rule breaker in that sense, and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. Because of this self-analysis, I decided that this blog cannot be dedicated to one topic, because I am supposed to be devolving and showcasing my personal brand, and that is just not me.

 So, in being my true authentic self, I am going to talk about all the things I love, some of the things I hate, and anything I find to be super interesting. And if I get anyone to listen, my goal is to take the suggestions of my readers and tailor my posts to them, whether it be to try a new cosmetic product and write a review, reveal my current go-to playlist, rank my favorite NYC workouts, etc. That’s why my blog is called “Taylored 2 You”, because my name is Taylor, and I will ‘tailor’ my posts to my audience, get it? I know I can be a bit corny sometimes…

Anyway… a bit more about me! I was born and raised in the beautiful state of New Jersey. No, I’m not being sarcastic, because where I grew up was very beautiful, and NJ is often misinterpreted in the media…. Ahem Jersey Shore… I am grateful to be extremely close to my family, and you can’t get to know me without learning a little about them. I was made by two fascinating and fine-looking people. My mom, Jonnalyn, was predominantly raised in Las Vegas by my Nana (her mom), where she became a professional dancer and showgirl. She moved back to New Jersey, where she was born, and became a New Jersey Nets cheerleader, which is how she met my dad. Kenneth Daneyko was born in Windsor, Ontario, and raised in Edmonton, Alberta. Like most Canadian boys, he dreamt of becoming a professional hockey player in the NHL. Unlike most of those boys, my dad’s dream came true, and he played his entire 20-year career for the New Jersey Devils, winning 3 Stanley Cups. They are both hardworking people who have always encouraged me to pursue my dreams, and never forced me to do something I didn’t enjoy, besides chores… Ken and Jonna divorced when I was 15, but they were meant to create my brother and I, so time wasn’t wasted. My baby brother, Shane, is 18 years old and the most amazing and talented person I know. We are both singers, and he inspires me daily with his dedication and optimism about the future. I may be 4 years older, but I learn a lot from my little bro.  

Finally, my interests… I just mentioned that I’m a singer, grew up performing and training. I lost touch with it for a bit after high school, but I am being professionally trained again, and it is still my number one dream to be a recording artist. Music is the world’s universal language, and I appreciate music in every category and genre, so it will be a recurring topic here. I’m also obsessed with fashion (duh, I go to fashion school), beauty, fitness and well-being, food, and travel. So, here’s to a little bit of this and a little bit of that in this blog’s future!



Below you will find some photos of my life. See you next time!   
  
         


     


                   

                

                     


                                               

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts